Mumbai's First Ever Mechanical Engineer Female Bus Driver - Pratiksha Das

Every sceptical Thomas United Nations agency thinks ladies square measure meant for a restricted set of jobs must meet this girl from Mumbai’s Malad space. Pratiksha Das, a 24-year-old engineer from Thakur faculty, smashed gender stereotypes once she took up official coaching to drive a public service bus. Pratiksha obsessed a course with Brihanmumbai electrical offer and Transport (BEST) to find out the way to drive a bus, and now could be a trained significant machine vehicles driver.

Pratiksha, United Nations agency is additionally an ardent biker, is that the initial girl to require up this course in city. “I bear in mind that the simplest bus trainers were finite concerning coaching a lady for the primary time. They unbroken voice communication, ‘Yeh ladki chala paayegi ke nahi?’ truly, the factor is, you wish strength to drive a bus as it’s quite tough to show the wheel,” she told Times of Asian country.
 Female Bus Driver - Pratiksha Das

Female Bus Driver For First Time - Pratiksha Das




She conjointly battled judgmental  queries and stares whereas chasing her dream of being behind the large wheels. For Pratiksha, driving around a six-tonne significant bus within the town is her best manner of unreeling. “It are some things I’ve wished to master for the last 6 years. however my love for significant vehicles isn't new. I started off with bikes, then larger cars and currently, I will drive buses and trucks. And affirmative it feels sensible,” she was quoted as voice communication.

On roads, however, she not solely moon-faced the potholes, however the unfavorable  stares from individuals, United Nations agency were appalled to envision a lady behind the wheels. But, concentrating clear, I neglected the stares, she said.

Pratiksha’s introduction to the globe of driving and riding started once she was at school eight. “After finishing my engineering degree, i used to be reaching to become associate degree RTO officer. For that, I required a license in significant vehicles because it is obligatory. Since I had wished to find out to drive a bus, it absolutely was good. In fact, i would like to drive numerous vehicles on the road. I started with my mama’s bike once I was in eighth grade in my village. Even he was shocked, however I learned driving inside a pair of days,” she was quoted, recalling her journey.

After coaching as a busman, her eyes square measure currently assail the skies, literally, as she plans to find out the way to fly a plane shortly. “I dreamt and here i'm. In fact, anyone are able to do their goals, they solely ought to set their minds to that,” she signed off.

For More Info:-

Post a Comment

0 Comments